Let’s be honest. It takes a little extra something special to be willing to marry into a large family. It is not for the faint of heart, the overly shy or people lacking a sense of humor. You must have a minimalist mindset and be able to pretend that camping with a dozen people is the Best Vacation Ever.
It’s a special skill set, for sure, and we’ve enjoyed putting Jared to the test. So, with no further ado, I present 6 Signs You’re Ready to Marry into a Large Family.
1. You survive a road trip with the family.
This is pretty much the guantlet of large family life. Can you survive hours in a van with us? And can you do with it with your sense of humor intact? Even when the teen girls insist on taking selfies with their donuts before eating them?
2. You cheerfully watch a performance by the Happy Hands Club.
Even though you haven’t even seen Napoleon Dynamite.
3. You “don’t mind” tiny relatives being in your engagement photos.
4. You’ve always wanted to be part of a close family.
A really, really, close family.
5. You’re so happy you’re on top of the world.
To quote Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof, “they are so happy they don’t even realize how miserable they are!”
6. Your future mother-in-law makes you the star of your own meme.