A few days ago I made reference to Enoch’s latest sewing project. He decided he wanted to make a hunter’s vest.
We checked out a book from the library with sewing projects for boys. Since it was a library book, we couldn’t cut out the actual pattern, so Enoch used the window to trace it onto paper.
We went to the fabric store where he picked out a camouflage print for the outside and khaki for the inside. He was very insistent about what he wanted on his vest. He added two inside pockets, and several more D-rings than the pattern called for.
And here is the finished project. This vest included an inverted pleated pocket (which took at least an hour in and of itself) and a zipper. Enoch spent many hours on this vest. I was the consultant, he was the tailor. It turned out beautifully. I love the vest, but the love new skills learned and the confidence he’s gained even more.